Brisbane's historic & decaying Howard Smith Warves, provides an ideal location for design experimentation.

Tuesday 3 May 2011

FOLIE PARAGRAPH

I decided to do the description paragraph as if the Folie itself was talking.  To me this way best described its unique individual features...

“I am the heart of the city, a beacon above the old port.  I can be seen from a distance making me a connecting point that brings people together.  I am bold but seemingly invisible, I am always in disguise. I seamlessly replicate a sense of time and movement from my static position by reflecting my surrounds from my many angles during the day and reflecting the city lights at night. From my cliff-top position I am always watching, boats approach under my gaze.  Although my shiny aluminium skin looks thin, my bones are of steel.  Therefore I welcome you, young and old, local or not.  Come gaze from my framed windows that capture the essence of the Storey Bridge, Howard Smith Wharves and the city skyscrapers which I reflect.  Visit me during the week and see the changing sights.  Stop by on your Saturday walk or perhaps catch a bus and bring your family for a Sunday lunch to sit beneath me under the trees and watch the city cat’s go by.  Along with my vast qualities, I see time come and go, If you look hard enough you may see the old boats of the past docked down below.  However, on my skin you will also see yourself blurred into the surrounding reflections; here you will always feel connected to this ever growing, ever changing city.”

No comments:

Post a Comment